Sunday, May 25, 2008

Edible Flowers

Yes, I am eating a flower. So here’s the story behind it. Grandma has a meeting today with some people in her church. She was making a cheesecake for the meeting covered with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and kiwi. It was covered with an apricot glaze and topped off with the edible flowers from her garden. It looked really good except for the fact that I don’t like cheesecake. I know what you’re thinking, but it just makes me gag. Anyway, this morning while she was making it, she made a comment about the edible flowers when she suddenly popped one in her mouth. This grossed Mikelle, Rachel, and I out. So Mikelle tried a petal and I just ate the rest. If you want to know what it tastes like try one for yourself because there’s really no way to describe it only that, if you’ve ever eaten a plant, that’s what it tasted like.

7 comments:

mikelle said...

That flower petal tasted weird! Grandma said there are flowers that taste like chocolate. Maybe those would be better!

Rachel said...

I thought they tasted like leafs but I sort of liked them. I hope that the meeding will go good. The pie lookes so good I would eat it if I could!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Cheesecake.... Will you send me some please? Since you don't like cheesecake, can I have your piece?

Jeremy

Paige said...

sure jeremy, i'll send it back with mikelle.

Anonymous said...

I want that fruit pie. Those are my favorite! Looks like a fun time. Somethings fishy with the good tasting flowers? huh?

Anonymous said...

YOu ate a flower thats wierd I want to taste it! What did it taste like? I'll have to try it . Mabey?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.