Saturday, May 24, 2008

Having strep is no fun!

Last Saturday I was not feeling so good. My throat hurt, my ear hurt and I couldn't talk very good. Every morning when I woke up I didn't feel so good and I didn't want to go to school. I missed one day and was late two times so my mom took me to the doctor on Thursday. The doctor weighed me and took my temperature in my ear and then the doctor looked in my mouth and ear and the doctor said I had fluid in my left ear. Now I can't really hear out of it because it is plugged. Then the doctor did the strep test (I hated the strep test). On Friday the doctor called my mom and said that I had strep and then I started to cry because I would miss the sleep over at my grandma's house with all my cousins. When my mom was dropping off Paige at grandma's house, I had to wear a mask so I wouldn't get every one else sick and to be funny. Then I had to eat this medicine. It tasted like bubble gum, it was so gross. I wish I didn't have strep. I couldn't be by anyone for 24 hours. I took my medicine at about 3:30 pm and I wouldn't be contagious anymore at 3:30 pm the next day. And if I am a good girl about taking my medicine I get a new softball bat. I was bored until I got to my grandma's house. It was much more fun then just sitting there doing nothing. My cousin Hailie was there for about 5 hours and then my cousin Danielle came over and we played pickle for about 30 minutes. It was fun. I played with my sister Paige, my cousin Hailie, and my cousin Danielle it was fun. Then we went to two stores and went to Wendy's then after we went to one more store, it was crazy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i don't like strep either so you better not have given it to me

Anonymous said...

hey cool i just realized i made the first two comments on my own blog haha

mikelle said...

I'm so sad you missed the sleepover Rachy! It wasn't the same without you. I'm glad you got to sleep over last night! It was so much fun! I hope you feel better now that you are taking your medicine! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Strep is no fun at all. I once had staff infection (which is a form of strep) and it knocked me out for a week. I couldn't even walk. I had to go to the hospital. So the good news is that you have strep that will go a way in a few days with meds. I hope you get better soon!

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry about the strep. Being sick with anything is not fun. I love the cute mask. You look awesome in anything. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

TO bad ! you missed the sleep over . I feel so bad.